In keeping with the Hospital’s Mission, Vision, and Values, and policies and procedures, Caseworkers work to assist individuals with serious mental health issues throughout Renfrew County. Caseworkers provide support, advocacy, and crisis intervention to the individuals they serve. Caseworkers are members of an interdisciplinary team who provide support to individuals with serious mental illness enabling them to maintain an optimal level of functioning.
- Baccalaureate Degree in human service discipline, sociology, psychology, social work or related field
- Minimum 2 years recent experience working with people with severe mental illness
- Proven ability to effectively provide community based service to people with symptoms of severe mental illness in Renfrew County
- Valid Class G Driver’s License, available vehicle, and clean driver’s licence record 3 years prior to date of hire
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with respect in an oral and written format with patients, public, colleagues and other health disciplines
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work in a collaborative model with all members of the Health Care Team
- Effective organizational skills, and ability to set priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated clinical expertise and problem solving when working with individuals with a severe mental illness
- Demonstrated computer software application skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of community of Renfrew County’s resources and issues concerning individuals living with serious mental illness
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate Group sessions
- Demonstrated knowledge of Best Practices in Mental Health Reform
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Record Check
- OPP-Level 4 Security Clearance
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the Hospital
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Embodies the LEAN ideology by actively and continually seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.
This position and any appointments are subject to the terms and conditions of the Union group’s Collective Agreement.