Pulled from the full job description
- Dental care
- Vision care
At Ontario Health, we are committed to developing a strong organizational culture that connects and inspires all team members across the province. Our vision is that together, we will be a leader in health and wellness for all. Our mission is to connect the health system to drive improved and equitable health outcomes, experiences and value. How we work together is reflected through our five values: integrity, inspiration, tenacity, humility and care.
What Ontario Health offers:
Achieving your career goals is a priority to us. Benefits of working at Ontario Health may include the following based on employment type:
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day
- Health care spending account
- Premium defined benefit pension plan
- 3 personal days and 2 float days annually
- Individual contributors start at 3 weeks’ vacation with 4 weeks at 2 yrs.
- Career development opportunities
- A collaborative values-based team culture
- Wellness programs
- A hybrid working model
- Participation in
Communities of Inclusion
Want to make a difference in your career? Consider this opportunity.
The Advisor, Customer Experience works collaboratively with project teams to define, endorse, and evaluate customer experience models for Ontario Health digital and virtual services, ensuring a seamless and consistent experience at each touchpoint. The Advisor brings industry knowledge and best practices to guide the transformation of products and services related to digital experiences, customer journeys, user flows, and information architecture. The Advisor possesses expertise and knowledge to seamlessly manage and integrate multiple products and services into coherent user flows and product experiences with clear pathways and efficient customer experiences. A proven leader and expert in customer satisfaction and experience tools and methodologies for understanding, designing, and improving customer experiences.
The Advisor supports products and services offered by Ontario Health and their partners, including integrations into various support and identity systems. The Advisor leads the promotion of Digital-First Standards, processes and uses toolkits, CX policies, standards and guidelines to enable the design process in the pursuit of building amazing products and experiences aligned to the Ontario Health brand.
The Advisor is a trusted leader to in the Customer Experience division, as well as senior leadership throughout the organization.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Craft compelling narratives by showcasing the customer experience journey, highlighting key moments, challenges, and successes. These stories help humanize the customer experience, making it relatable and engaging for the audience.
- Create and lead customer journey mapping by conducting in-depth analysis of the customer journey, including all touchpoints and interactions and to identify pain points, areas of improvement, and opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Create customer personas by gathering and analyzing customer data, demographics, behavior patterns, and preferences. Provide insights into their needs, motivations, and expectations, guiding the development of personalized experiences.
- Develop “day in the life” scenarios to understand the customer experience from their perspective. This involves imagining and documenting typical customer interactions, challenges, and goals throughout a given day or specific journey stages.
- Conduct research, surveys, and interviews to gather feedback from health care stakeholders and uncover insights. This includes analyzing data to identify trends, preferences, and areas where the organization can better align its products or services with user needs.
- Use customer journey maps, personas, and insights to inform the development of customer-centric strategies. This involves collaborating with cross-functional teams to align processes, systems, and touchpoints to deliver a seamless and personalized customer experience. A leader in developing and utilizing strategic frameworks to solve problems and build recommendations.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve processes to enhance the health care stakeholder experience. This may involve recommending changes to workflows, systems, or policies to reduce friction, increase efficiency, and meet end user expectations.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, including marketing, communications, product development, and customer service teams, to align strategies and ensure a consistent experience across all touchpoints. This includes facilitating cross-functional meetings and workshops.
- Ensure that internal teams and employees understand and embrace the customer experience vision and strategies. Use storytelling to communicate the importance of customer-centricity and the role each individual plays in delivering exceptional experiences. Collaborates effectively within team and provides leadership guidance and support to help coach and inspire others.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to track and measure the effectiveness of customer experience initiatives. Monitoring metrics such as customer satisfaction, Net Promoter Score (NPS), and customer retention rates helps evaluate the success of implemented strategies.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate customer feedback and market trends to identify emerging opportunities and potential areas for improvement. Staying up to date with industry best practices and innovations in customer experience management to drive ongoing enhancements.
- Engages with internal and external C-suite executives and technical and project teams to successfully deliver multiple complex and large-scale technical implementations concurrently.
- Manages and integrates several related plans and supporting integration of planning and delivery across large and diverse projects.
- Collaborates effectively within team and provides leadership guidance and support to work towards a common goal and help coach and inspire others. Motivates and mentors the team as well as other employees.
- In collaboration with the manager, develops the strategic direction and positioning of focused projects. Liaises with cross-functional teams.
- Develops and leads initiatives intended to improve and unify customer experience for digital and virtual health products and services that enable the Ontario Health brand and deliver on the mandate to better connect and coordinate the health system in an effort to improve population health and patient outcomes.
- Leads creative improvement initiatives and works with manager on resolving key issues/risks by proposing solutions and execution.
- Identifies and manages risks and issues related to operational deliverables and project completion, including the identification of options for resolution and recommended course of action.
- Provides expertise on market trends and industry best practices and technologies in customer experience. Adjusts strategies and tactics as needed in response to market trends and technological changes.
- Develops creative and innovative approaches for addressing business, project, and operational service needs.
- Advocates for customers on key initiatives/projects while leveraging tools and customer experience best practices to identify and drive improvements to current state customer journeys.
- Consults on new types of implementations for products and services, assisting in the definition of requirements, processes, and procedures.
- Provides leadership in developing and utilizing strategic frameworks to solve problems and build recommendations.
- Liaises with stakeholders including C-Suite Executives at partner sites and the Ministry of Health, to address issues of mutual interest and resolve issues of concern; supports product and service areas in client satisfaction by supporting responsive, proactive, and responsive stakeholder management services.
- Champions the work towards Ontario Health’s digital assets to highlight and build trust around their ease of use, the support offered, and value for money to increase ease of use and adoption by members of the acute, community, and primary care sectors, as well as patients and caregivers.
- Provides leadership to other employees on CX expertise and occasionally provides leadership or guidance to others such as coaching and guidance to team members to help them grow and improve their skills.
- Provides mentorship, shares knowledge, and inspires others.
- Provides decisions and advice that impacts immediate colleagues and potentially the productivity or financial performance of the program or stakeholders requiring tactical solutions to correct negative consequence.
Here is what you will need to be successful:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Social Sciences, or related or recognized equivalent or similar experience.
- CX and UX designations an asset. Certifications in CX, for example Certified Customer Experience Professional (CCXP) designation and other similar desired.
- Design Thinking Professional certification (desired)
- Portfolio that demonstrates relevant experience and job qualifications as described in the job description is a must.
- Must have expertise in CX Analytics, Journey Analytics, Market Research Experience and have a proven track record of professional experience with Design Thinking, Journey Mapping, Persona Creation, Interview and Research.
- 10+ years of related work experience is required.
- Experience in managing delivery teams of various sizes and scope including staff, partners, consultants, and vendors.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Canadian and Ontario healthcare systems and governments is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Ontario Health’s legislated stakeholders and their priorities.
- Experience working with the broader healthcare and healthcare IT sector is a strong asset.
- Knowledge and expertise in the development of customer experience strategies and frameworks.
- In-depth knowledge of customer experience best practices, user experience industry standards, as well as some exposure to the Software Development LifeCycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated success in defining strategies and developing effective and personalized customer experience journeys and communications.
- Expert knowledge of research methods and tools pertaining to digital experience insights and customer journey mapping.
- Knowledge and experience with the health sector, clinical workflows, and government.
- Knowledge and expertise with Ontario Health policies and standards including HL7 and FHIR-based integration standards, architecture, privacy and security principles.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to guide the transformation of products and services related to digital experiences, customer journeys, user flows, and information architecture using industry knowledge and best practices.
- Ability to develop long-term plans and strategies with expertise in developing and/or executing “big picture” strategic plans.
- Ability to seamlessly manage and integrate multiple products and services into coherent user flows and product experiences with clear pathways and efficient customer experiences.
- Ability to lead discussions and influence leadership with strategic vision through data-driven analysis and thoughtful presentation of recommendations.
- Ability to use discretion in dealing with sensitive issues and maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality and guide junior staff on addressing related matters.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and negotiation skills and the ability to explain abstract concepts, complex models, and methodologies in a personable, tactful, and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to take broad concepts and turn them into achievable plans and manage the plans from requirements through design and implementation.
- Ability to integrate and manage several related plans and to support the integration of planning and delivery across a large and diverse delivery program.
- Ability to manage cross functional project teams in a matrix environment for several concurrent projects.
- Ability to understand the current and changing dynamics of the Ontario health care system.
- Ability to interpret business, commercial, and risk issues (external and internal) and recommend best practices based on sound conclusions.
- Strong understanding of project management principles with ability to guide complex projects from start to finish through planning, development, and implementation.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment.
- Ability to perform work within general policies and to work autonomously with minimal support to determine what tasks should be completed according to agreed-upon goals with only major or non-routine tasks being reviewed by Manager.
- Ability to solve complex problems with solutions, working independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Ability to model and uphold OH’s mission and values.
- Expert ability to connect with users, internal and external stakeholders. Ability to understand their needs and concerns with an expert degree of empathy to comprehend emotions, thoughts, and feelings to create positive and meaningful experiences. Models the way for self and others in relation to social and self-awareness.
- Ability to place the customer at the center of all decision -making and ensure that customer experience initiatives are aligned with their needs and to the goals of the organization.
- Expert analytical skills to ascertain customer satisfaction and the ability to meet customer needs by creating strategies that enable all digital product and service teams to build and support an improved and consistent experience for customers.
- Expert ability to apply research methods and statistical data models to drive insights from both quantitative and qualitative data sets for data visualization insights.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary Band: 7
Location: Ontario (currently hybrid; subject to change)
All applicants must be a resident of Ontario to be considered for roles at Ontario Health.
Internal Application Deadline Date: August 17, 2023
Ontario Health encourages applications from candidates who are First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and urban Indigenous; Francophone; Black and racialized; members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities; trans and nonbinary; and disabled.
We encourage applicants with accessibility needs to notify us if they have any accommodation needs in the application and/or interview process.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment screening process, applicants must confirm that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If applicants are not fully vaccinated, they will be required to identify any accommodation needs pursuant to a protected ground under the Code. Applicants who identify an accommodation need will be required to provide supporting documentation with respect to their need for accommodation when requested by Ontario Health. If no such accommodation is identified, the applicant will not be eligible to proceed through the recruitment process.