At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Canada Operations Ltd, Field Operations Maintenance Services Team is looking for highly motivated aircraft maintenance professionals to support the Canada MHLH CH-147F program. “ AWR-ISS-098 Contractor maintenance team (CMT) and contractor Improvement team (CIT)” have been awarded to support scheduled and unscheduled maintenance inspections and modifications (as required) on the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) CH-147F Helicopter.
The Aircraft Structure Technician will work directly under the guidance of the onsite Chief Mechanic. The Aircraft Structure Technician will work as a key part of the team supporting aircraft maintenance at the direction of the Chief Mechanic on the CH-147F Helicopter for the RCAF located in Petawawa, Ontario.
- Assembles disassembles and/or modifies systems.
- Corrects failures and implements changes.
- Configures aircraft and bench test equipment.
- Performs testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and establishes processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance.
- Complies with safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness.
- Works under general direction, interfacing with On-Site Program Management.
- Acting in a leadership capacity to oversee performed by the maintenance team.
- Effectively schedule maintenance to meet contractual requirements.
- Ability to perform as part of a cohesive team, working toward a common goal.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
Employers will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience with sheet metal work
- 1+ years of experience with composite repair and painting aircraft/components
- Must have one of the following: FAA Airframe/Powerplant (A&P) mechanics license, Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) license or Military equivalent
- Knowledge of Royal Canadian Air Force operations and/or aircraft maintenance practices required
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- Must consent to Canadian Government Controlled Goods Program (CGP) assessment
- Individuals must not pose a risk for safeguarding controlled goods
- Must be eligible for Secret Level II security clearance
- Must be eligible to handle US export-controlled data
Preferred Qualifications (Education/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience as an Aircraft Certification Authority (or Military Equivalent)
- Prefer DRMIS experience
- Prefer completion of a composites repair course (Advanced composite repair desired)
- Current Canadian Secret Clearance
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years’ related work, Bachelor, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in Canada. The employer is Boeing Canada. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Benefits and pay are determined by Canada and are not on Boeing’s US-based payroll. This is not an expatriate assignment.
Candidate must be willing and eligible to work on Canadian government and defense-related programs with no restrictions.
Starting salary will be based on qualifications and experience. The range for this classification is $80,000-$93,000 annually. This is a full-time opportunity that provides full company-paid benefits, and a retirement savings plan.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance Level II from the Canadian government. Requirements to obtain a secret security clearance can be found at:
To review the Canadian Controlled Goods and Public Service and Procurement Canada requirements please go to the following government pages below:
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse, and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.