We are looking for a professional, high-energy bartender with excellent communication skills to serve classical cocktails and exciting new beverages to our customers. The bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and food. You will also upsell items, create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
To succeed as a bartender, you should have a neat, professional appearance and an engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol when necessary.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Developing new cocktail recipes.
· 5+ years of bartending experience
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must be of legal drinking age
· Smart Serve certification
· Mixology Certification considered a definite asset
· Ability to multitask
· Positive and friendly attitude
· Must be able to stand for 6-hour shifts
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Bartender Core Skills:
· Positive attitude
· Customer service
· Interpersonal communication
· Time management
· Cocktail design
· Smart Serve
· Professional conduct
· Point of Sale (POS)
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Salary: $15.50-$26.55 per hour
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pembroke, ON K8A 1C8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Serving: 2 years (preferred)
- Bartending: 2 years (required)
- Smart Serve (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: In person