Contract management: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
REMOTE AND ONSITE- HYBRID POSITION.
- Provides authoritative professional advice and support to Internal Customers through the management of contracts and relationships with Contractors/Suppliers.
- Manages an effective relationship with the Contractor/Supplier, and/or provides input to the Contract “Manager” who is responsible for that relationship.
- Develops Contract Execution Plans to support the administration/management of contracts, as required.
- Develops or supports the development of appropriate Category Management Plans alongside Contract Officers and Contract Leads/Supervisors.
- Reads analyzes, provides advice, and applies the contract in daily transactions and in minor disputes.
- Co-ordinates and leads Contract Kick-Off Meetings and supports Contractor/Supplier Progress meetings.
- Functions as Single Point of Contact (SPOC), during contract execution, for all formal communications, and on all commercial and contractual matters between CNL and the Contractor/Supplier.
- Manages Contract Change Control to ensure that changes are identified early, evaluated, negotiated, documented, funded, and approved as per contractual requirements.
- Logs, manages, and tracks contract deliverables and ensures contract documentation is filed in accordance with Document Control procedures.
- Documents, logs, manages, and tracks decisions and events relevant to the contract agreement.
- Verifies invoicing meets contractual requirements and monitors the timely payments to Contractors/Suppliers.
- Works with Contract Officers/Contract Supervisor and Legal to interpret the contract and escalate any issues, disputes, or contentious matters to the appropriate level as required.
- Monitors expenditures and accruals against the contract, and works with Internal Customers to ensure the accuracy of financial information and sufficient funds are in place.
- Where managing a Supply Category, provides oversight and monitoring of performance across all Contractors/Suppliers and contracts within such Category.
- Provides advice and applies specialized knowledge in the development of contract administration processes, procedures, and tools.
- Verifies in conjunction with the Contract Team that all contractual obligations, including the technical and commercial conditions, are fulfilled throughout the contract.
- Verifies contract completion and ensures that all work has been completed and that all deficiencies and administrative matters have been resolved.
- Facilitates a proportional performance management approach to individual contracts, consistent with the contract requirements, including monitoring of contract cost, schedule, quality, and technical performance, as well as the maintenance of CNL Contractor Performance Scorecards, as applicable. Shall ensure arrangements are in place for frequent 360-degree feedback on the performance of the Contractor/Supplier, and that performance meetings will be conducted in accordance with the frequencies identified/established in the contract.
- Participates/leads Lessons Learned meetings, and/or documents and shares any Lessons Learned that were identified during contract execution, and ensures such lessons are relayed for future procurements or Contractor/Supplier development.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to complex processes that affect own area and others/Internal Customers.
- Participates in leads where identified, and implements process/procedure creation and/or improvements.
- Responds to situations to contain/mitigate short-term risk in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Collates necessary information regarding contract(s), to provide input to Relationship Development Plans, and relevant Steering Committees or meetings of Senior Representatives.
- Shall ensure they are sufficiently familiar with the work and the progress of the Work, including an appropriate level of attendance at the Work Site, as applicable.
Job Type: Fixed-term contract
Salary: $50.00 per hour
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chalk River, ON K0J 1J0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- contract management: 3 years (preferred)