The Control Maintainer is responsible for maintaining, repairs, calibrations and installation of instrumentation equipment related to the control of industrial processes required by CNL’s operating license to ensure the safety, reliability and proper operation of the equipment.
What you will be doing:
- Provides electronic and instrumentation services to the plant site including preventative maintenance, installation, repair, process measurement and control testing and calibration to ensure the accurate functionality of equipment and instruments.
- Assists the maintenance department by recommending the procurement of materials, spares, tools and equipment and ordering parts required for stock and repairs to ensure timely completion of work.
- Performs the operational troubleshooting of all electronic and pneumatic instrument related systems and equipment to determine the cause of the problems and the required corrective action.
- Develops work plans and upgrades in procedures and makes recommendations of modifications to equipment or changes to maintenance programs to improve reliability and efficiency of equipment.
- Prepares and maintains service records of all work completed and work required ensuring consistent recording and follow up.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices of all work areas, tools and equipment, adhering to provincial, federal and CNL regulations in order to provide a safe and efficient working environment. Attend monthly safety meetings and immediately report any safety concerns and/or infractions. Apply CNL’s Event Free Tools procedure throughout the execution of assigned work and model this behaviour and knowledge to others.
- Assist in the training, coaching and mentoring of new employees in safe practices and procedures.
What we are looking for:
- College diploma in Industrial Instrumentation or Electronics or equivalent relevant experience or a trade certificate in Instrumentation and Control.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and mechanical equipment and devices.
- Ability to read and interpret technical diagrams and drawings.
- Ability to perform many tasks at once such as calibration inputs and outputs, giving co-workers read-outs and making adjustments to equipment.
- Written and verbal communication skills to be able to work in multi-trade groups and communicate with CNL staff across a broad range of disciplines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in order to update and write procedures, create spreadsheets, input data and communicate via email.
Security clearance eligibility required: Reliability Status with Site Access Security Clearance (SASC), which has a minimum requirement of 3 years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom.
Does working with a team across Canada to advance nuclear science and technology for a clean and secure world speak to you? We’re reinventing ourselves to be the pace setters, so we can lead the charge in solving the problems that matter, like building the next generation of clean nuclear and hydrogen energy solutions, developing new and better-targeted cancer treatments, and continuing to lead the world in environmental remediation.
We offer a complete total rewards package:
o paid time off (vacation, sick, floater & personal);
o benefits effective day one, that’s right no waiting period;
o tuition support
o and a pension!
CNL’s Chalk River laboratory is nestled in the Ottawa Valley and affords our employees an area that is environmentally pristine with extensive forests, hills and numerous small lakes, all of which support a variety of wildlife typical to the southern edge of the Canadian Shield. Many surrounding towns, such as Pembroke, Petawawa and Deep River provide you need with unparalleled outdoor adventures at your doorstep! In fact, Deep River was named as the fourth best place to live in Canada in a recent ranking by movingwaldo.com.About CNL:
CNL is Canada’s premier nuclear science and technology organization and a world leader in developing nuclear technology for peaceful and innovative applications. Using our unique expertise, we are restoring and protecting the Environment, we are advancing clean energy technology, and our medical breakthroughs continue to improve the health of people around the world.
- Clean energy for today and tomorrow.
- Restore and protect the Environment.
- Contribute to the health of Canadians.
CNL is committed to providing an atmosphere free from barriers that promotes equity, diversity and inclusion in achieving our mission. CNL welcomes and celebrates employees, stakeholders and partners of all racial, cultural, and ethnic identities.
CNL Land Acknowledgements CANADA.DOCX