Full Job Description
Customer Service Associate
With its Corporate office in Red Deer, Alberta, and its Regional Office in London Ontario, Peavey Industries LP is the corporate parent to retail brands Peavey Mart, MainStreet Hardware, and Ace Canada. We are 100% Canadian and employee-owned.
Peavey is an engaging workplace. We are proud to promote from within and provide training to make this possible. We offer flextime and comprehensive benefits.
We are committed to our customers and the communities and agricultural regions we serve every day.
Job Overview: The Customer Service Associate is a customer service specialist. Customer Service Associates are responsible for advising customers and processing customer purchases/returns. When not attending to a customer, the Customer Service Associate stocks shelves assist in setting up displays, prices product, and maintains the cleanliness of the store.
Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate has experience working with the public and has excellent customer service skills.
- Warmly approaching and greeting customers.
- Advising customers on products and suggesting solutions to their needs.
- Providing a high level of customer service.
- Encouraging further business by thanking customers and asking for them to come back.
- Help customers with concerns and put them in contact with a Supervisor as needed.
- Answering the telephone in a warm and friendly manner
- Learn and maintain product knowledge of store merchandise
- Helping to set up displays as directed by the store management team
- Provide customer carry-outs and load products for customers. Use Team Lift when needed.
- Weigh, measure, and cut merchandise to fill customer orders.
- Establishing/identifying prices for items
- Keying or scanning merchandise for customer purchase
- Total and receive payment for merchandise
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers per policy
- Ensuring proper return and refund policy is followed, including Management sign-off
- Wrapping or bagging merchandise purchased by the customer
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to verify the accuracy
- The manager on duty verifies opening and closing cash counts
- Stocking/Re-stocking merchandise as needed
- Maintaining cleanliness of the store and checkout area
- Merchandising, pricing, and tasking the point of purchase area when there are no customers in line
- Help with receiving on an as-needed basis
- Use safe work procedures while setting a good example to fellow employees
- Carry out work in a manner that will not create a hazard to themselves or others
- Work with co-workers and members of the Safety Committee to help create a safe working environment by making safety suggestions and recommendations
- Report any accidents, incidents, near misses, injuries, and/or occupational health concerns to a safety committee member
- Follow Peavey Industries LP medical and first aid procedures
- Positively communicate and demonstrate the company’s Core Values
- On-the-job training or previous experience
- Employee Ownership Program
- Employee Discount
- RRSP Matching Program
- Competitive Group Benefits
- Inclusive work culture
- Laid back atmosphere
- Work-life balance
*Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pembroke, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person