Come join this growing team as a member of our Digital Service Squad in this contract for up to 9 months. Have your weekends and holidays off with this full- or part-time schedule, Monday to Friday.
The Upper Ottawa Valley Chamber of Commerce is recruiting for Digital Service Squad Team Members.
As a member of the Digital Service Squad, you will be assigned to support local businesses across the Upper Ottawa Valley both in-person and virtually.
The focus of the role is to work one-on-one with small businesses to help enhance their online and social media presence and technologies through the following services:
Duties / Responsibilities
* On-boarding Assistance: Survey the business owner to best understand their business goals and to determine how digital tools and technology can assist them in meeting these goals.
* Advisory Services: Once the business has joined the Digital Main Street platform, the DSS Team Member will walk through the Digital Assessment and recommendations with the business owner and assist the business owner in identifying their first priorities and the first digital tools and technology they want to activate.
* Activation/Implementation Services: The DSS Team Member will activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools and technologies, and direct the business owner to resources that can help.
* Reporting and Feedback: DSS Team Members complete their field notes for each business engagement and report on a weekly basis to the Digital Service Squad Administrator. They attend team meetings and ensure all data is accurately and completely entered within the Digital Main Street CRM (HubSpot).
* Special Projects: DSS Team Members will be responsible for leading the implementation of special projects or community-wide initiatives. They will be available to help business owners develop their Digital Transformation Plan needed to apply for the Digital Transformation Grant, and can subsequently help to implement the plan, if approved for the grant.
* Social Media Development: Working under the direction of the DSS Senior Program Manager, team members will be responsible for assisting in the growth of all program social media channels. Responsibilities include but are not limited to curating multiple social media posts every week, producing new ways to engage our audience on social, and helping with social media development at DMS events as needed.
Qualified applicants will:
- Possess strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building/relationship management skills
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have experience in a sales role and/or marketing environment
- Be able to travel to and work independently (or remotely) with local businesses
- Be familiar with digital technologies for small businesses (e.g., web, social media, e-commerce)
- Be able to use basic software and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Slack
- Previous experience with online and offline marketing is considered an asset
- Previous experience working with small businesses in the region is considered an asset
The Digital Service Squad will work directly with the Executive Director to build and grow relationships with program partners in the business community while delivering ideal service for small and medium-sized organizations in the Upper Ottawa Valley.
Applications with a letter of introduction and curriculum vitae will be accepted via email to email@example.com in person at the Upper Ottawa Valley Chamber of Commerce offices at 177 Alexander Street in Pembroke.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 7 months
Part-time hours: 15-37.5 per week
Salary: From $16.50 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: On the road
Expected start date: 2023-08-20