English and French (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Department: Children’s Services Team
Location: Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) (Petawawa Ontario is in Eastern Ontario, 170 kilometers northwest of Ottawa)
Position Type: 1 Position – Permanent Full time ▪ To start April 2023 ▪ Benefits include 2% RRSP matching after first year of employment ▪ Leave entitlements (vacation, sick leave, personal/family related days) ▪ Health/dental benefits, life insurance, and long-term disability
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday 8:00 – 4:30 (Some Evenings and Saturdays, will be required)
Salary: $18.61/hour – $21.06/hour – RECE Mandatory
Immediate Supervisor: Emergency Family Care Coordinator
Language Requirement: English Mandatory; French Mandatory
Screening Requirement: Enhanced Reliability, Criminal Record, Vulnerable Sector, IS Security Procurement
Who We Are
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve, and advocate for our military community, its members, and families, and address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit us at https://www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa.
The Early Childhood Specialist reports to the Private Home Daycare Supervisor and is responsible to provide onsite instructional activities and quality programming that promotes positive parenting, and healthy infant and childhood development to support family cohesion whilst providing the optimal development of infants and children’s activities (0-6). Direct interaction with the children in all areas of the program and its activities are required. The Early Childhood Specialist creates and leads a supportive, nurturing learning environment that encourages motivation for the children and their parents. (More detailed information is available in the accompanying job description)
▪ Degree in Social Sciences; OR
▪ Diploma in Early Childhood Education; OR
▪ Equivalent job experience and training.
Certification / Licenses Required
▪ Registration and good standing with the College of Early Childhood Education is mandatory
▪ First Aid/CPR Certification is required for Asset
▪ Knowledge of Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years – How Does Learning Happen Experience
▪ In the early childhood education, early learning, or human services field
▪ In childcare programming
▪ In data, record-keeping, and retrieval techniques
▪ In measuring and analyzing service performance
▪ In networking with community resources
▪ In working with multi-disciplinary teams Conditions of Employment
▪ The requirement to be fully vaccinated (two doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine).
▪ Adhere to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality.
▪ Participate/ assist with all special events when required.
▪ Provide proof of any applicable registration with the respective regulatory body if applicable.
▪ Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance, and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
▪ Valid Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance.
▪ Travel within the County of Renfrew.
▪ Thorough understanding of Canadian Armed Forces communities, systems, and policies to effectively assist families in accessing appropriate services and supports.
Due to COVID-19 health and safety measures, this position will be required to balance working from home and at the office as required. The selection process and interviews will be done virtually.
Posting Date: 14 March 2023
Closing Date: 28 March 2023
Potential Start Date: April 2023
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format. Please include your daytime contact number and email address.
Should you require accommodation during the selection process, please let the HR Generalist know.
For more information contact: HR Generalist 10-16 Regalbuto Ave, Petawawa ON K8H 1L3
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.61-$21.06 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Petawawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- English and French (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-03-28