|Valley Manor is a dynamic and progressive long-term care home. We are a not-for-profit, fully accredited facility, offering quality nursing care in a friendly and welcoming environment. We are committed to the safety of our residents and to compliance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act (LTCHA) legislation.|
Due to a retirement, Valley Manor is recruiting for an Executive Assistant. This is a full-time position.
The Executive Assistant will act as a confidential assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and is required to perform his/her duties in a manner consistent with the core values and employee guiding principles, ensure resident safety, and demonstrate service excellence.
- Acts as a confidential assistant to the CEO
- Oversees the mandatory long-term care education program in collaboration with the CEO
- Oversees the accreditation process for the home in collaboration with the CEO
- Prepares for and attends all executive and board meetings, records meeting minutes, and distributes them accordingly.
- Assists with the coordination of the workflow of the CEO’s office
- Ensures the effective and efficient administration and organization of a variety of complex and/or confidential materials with minimal instruction and guidance
- Prepares correspondence, visual aids, and briefing material – by either drafting these documents on the CEO’s behalf, by working from verbal guidance or with handwritten materials
- Handles sensitive and confidential information
- Performs day-to-day office administration duties
- Post-secondary education and training in an administration-related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of executive assistant experience
- Must possess excellent communication skills and professional acumen
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products, email, internet use, video conferencing, and computerized documentation
- Superior interpersonal skills, efficient and effective communication skills (written and oral), and organizational skills are essential
- The ability to quickly learn and utilize new applications that support long-term care operations
- Excellent planning skills and a highly organized approach to work is an asset
- Ability and willingness to work with minimum supervision in a high-pressure, team environment that requires initiative and confidentiality, and demonstrates an ability to work efficiently with all levels of personnel and healthcare partners
|What we offer:|
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- RRSP match
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Why join Valley Manor?
- Meaningful work, supporting people with complex needs
- Excellent pension plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Training reimbursement
- We are an equal opportunity employer, seeking to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Please apply by Friday, August 11 at 4pm.
|Stacey McDonald, Director of Human Resources and Finance|
Box 880, 88 Mintha Street,
Barry’s Bay, Ontario