|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
|Salary: $27.11 per hour|
|The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve, and advocate for our military community, its members and families, and address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families. For more information on who we are, please visit our website.|
We are recruiting for a Military Family Navigator. This is a 12-month term contract position working 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Occasional evenings will be required.
Under the direction of the Programs Manager, the Military Family Navigator seeks to establish a support network and develop pathways to service for military and veteran families throughout the Garrison Petawawa area. The Military Family Navigator will be knowledgeable of and build relationships with both military and civilian social service organizations and will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to provide support, coaching and case management support for military families while they navigate the challenges and transitions associated with the military lifestyle.
|Education & Qualifications:|
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, mental health, human services, or a related field, and some years of experience in direct community service delivery, or
- College diploma in social services, mental health, human services, or a related field, and several years of experience in direct community service delivery, or
- A demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. This includes, but is not limited to, demonstrated military education, training, and experience.
- English mandatory, French a strong asset
- Screening Requirements: criminal record, vulnerable sector
- CPR and First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- Life coach certification.
- Community development principles
- Adult learning principles
- Community services, programs, and organizations
- Community information management
- Family resource programs (local and national)
- Life coaching
- Information and referral services principles and practices
- Determinants of health and well-being
- Program planning
- Maintaining classified records and adhering to client file management legislation
- The CAF community and lifestyle
- Microsoft Office (365), Zoom, and Teams platforms
- Working with a cross-section of the community
- Conducting client needs assessments and life coaching
- Developing and delivering information sessions
- Establishing, sustaining, and fostering a network of community contacts and partnerships
- Preparing and implementing multi-media social marketing campaigns
- Creating visual aids and marketing support material
- Data entry, record-keeping, and retrieval techniques
- Organizing, implementing, and evaluating programs
- Applying policies, procedures, and regulations
- Developing and facilitating self-help and support groups
- Providing emotional support
- Client case management
|Conditions of Employment:|
- Shall not either during the term of the employment contract, or any time, thereafter, disclose to any person, unless required by law, any confidential information concerning patrons, clients, customers, volunteers, or other employees of the PMFRC, or the business affairs or the financial positions of the PMFRC.
- Adhere to the PMFRC professional code of ethics and standards of practice, governance and operational policies, and the PMFRC privacy code.
- Ensure compliance with all fire and occupational health and safety regulations and ensure the priority of staff and client safety is paramount to the day-to-day operations of the PMFRC.
- Attend all mandatory staff workshops, training, and program planning meetings to assist in creating a comprehensive overall MFRC program.
- Exchange information, ideas, and assistance to enhance PMFRC programs and to solve challenges.
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance, and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance.
- Travel within the County of Renfrew.
- Assist in maintaining the organization and cleanliness of all common areas.
- Ensure Executive Director is advised of any issues and trends that may impact the PMFRC
Closing: August 15, 2023
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format. Please include your daytime contact number and email address. Should you require accommodation during the selection process, please let the human resources generalist know.
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Human Resources Generalist|
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
10-16 Regalbuto Avenue,