Are you looking for a role that will challenge you? Would you like to make a difference in the Environment? If you answered yes, our Chalk River location is looking for an HR Assistant to provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the HR Service Delivery department. Can you see yourself being responsible for performing a variety of human resource support duties on confidential and time sensitive material, including performing general office support functions and assisting the HR team as necessary? If you answered yes, then this may be the job for you!
What will you be doing!
- Assists new-hires in their onboarding and orientation to CNL and their workgroup or facility, by working with the individual and their manager to ensure the new hire attends all required training to obtain a personnel ID badge, dosimeter, initial safety training etc. to work on-site unescorted.
- Provides information to employees, potential employees on benefits, life insurance, leave, pension and Leave of Absence;
- Receives, assists, directs employees or visitors as required;
- Provides employee support as a Contact Centre HR Agent by receiving telephone calls, redirects calls as appropriate and/or responds to inquiries within scope of the general duties of the position;
- Provide assistance to employees with Sun Life Benefit claims and inquiries
- Assist the H.R. Associates in the preparation and distribution of sign-on and termination documents;
- Provides support to HR Shared Services including: maintain accurate employee files and the HR filing system (electronic and paper) in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures, assist employees with their general HR inquiries and prepare employment verification letters.
- Data entry into our HCMS system, including the compilation of reports.
- Prepare / issue / retrieve records and documents; collect, review numbering, protection, and store records (electronic/paper); maintain / control revisions, files and distribution list using approved standards and procedures.
- Assists in HR website development including updating and maintaining the site.
- Assists in informing employees of human resource policies and programs as needed
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in a human resources, administrative, or business-related field, with a minimum two (2) years’ experience. University degree in Human Resources is an asset.
- Previous experience in an HR office/ unionized environment.
- Demonstrated interest in HR career related paths
- Demonstrates tact, diplomacy, trust, and discretion in handling of sensitive and confidential information
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Functional knowledge and proficiency with systems-based tools such as Microsoft Office
- Must be aware of and embrace the ever-changing work environment and proactively make recommendations to change. Must be a “change agent” who is willing to help others to accept and understand change, share their skills and proactively learn new skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Can work independently without supervision
- Must be “Team” oriented with demonstrated ability to work well with others and promote positive work environment. Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to train and develop others.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and programs.
- Experience in, or willingness to be trained in, the use of CNL business systems: ORACLE, ServiceCNL, etc.
- Strong Knowledge of HRMS transactions and administration and how they impact Payroll
- Ability to develop a working level knowledge of CNL’s Human Resources policies and procedures, collective agreements and legislation (i.e. Employee Equity, Pay Equity, Official Languages, etc.)
Security clearance eligibility required: Reliability Status with Site Access Security Clearance (SASC), which has a minimum requirement of 3 years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom.
Does working with a team across Canada to advance nuclear science and technology for a clean and secure world speak to you? We’re reinventing ourselves to be the pace setters, so we can lead the charge in solving the problems that matter, like building the next generation of clean nuclear and hydrogen energy solutions, developing new and better-targeted cancer treatments, and continuing to lead the world in environmental remediation.
- Work-life balance is an integral part of our overall health and well-being; at CNL, we value this.
We offer a complete total rewards package:
- paid time off (vacation, sick, floater & personal);
- benefits effective day one, that’s right no waiting period;
- tuition support
- and a pension!
CNL works with employees across our Canadian locations to enable a hybrid workforce where possible. Our Hybrid employees work with their manager to establish expectations for when they will be on site vs when they are working from home.
CNL is Canada’s premier nuclear science and technology organization and a world leader in developing nuclear technology for peaceful and innovative applications. Using our unique expertise, we are restoring and protecting the Environment, we are advancing clean energy technology, and our medical breakthroughs continue to improve the health of people around the world.
- Clean energy for today and tomorrow.
- Restore and protect the Environment.
- Contribute to the health of Canadians.
CNL is committed to providing an atmosphere free from barriers that promote equity, diversity and inclusion in achieving our mission. CNL welcomes and celebrates employees, stakeholders and partners of all racial, cultural, and ethnic identities.
CNL also supports a workplace environment and a corporate culture built on our Core Values: Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Safety, Integrity and Excellence, which encourage equitable employment practices and career prospects inclusive of accommodations for all employees.
CNL is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please inform the Talent Acquisition Specialist with whom you are in contact. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
The Chalk River Laboratories site is located on the unceded and unsurrendered territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe people. As an organization, CNL recognizes and appreciates their historic connection to this place. CNL also recognizes the contributions that First Nations, Métis, Inuit and other Indigenous Peoples have made, both in shaping and strengthening this community in particular, and this province and country as a whole.