Human Resources Business Partner
Full Job Description
N-07-23 Human Resources Business Partner- Human Resources (Permanent Full-Time)
Department / Unit:
1.0 FTE (75 hours)
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for providing a wide-range of human resources services to client groups in a team consultation environment. The HRBP will be working on the HR Team along with two (2) HR Consultants, one (1) Abilities Management Coordinator, and one (1) HR Assistant. The HR Team also works closely with the Payroll unit, Scheduling and Staffing unit, and the Occupational Health and Safety unit.
The HRBP is responsible for providing leadership and consultative support for all Human Resources activities, including but not limited to HR Operations, Employee & Labour Relations, Organizational Effectiveness, Talent Management, Performance Management, Accommodation and Disability Management, Attendance Management, and Total Rewards, in accordance with the Hospital’s established policies and procedures, relevant legislation and collective agreements, and best practices. The HRBP provides coaching and drives various initiatives in conjunction with the HR Team, in order to continuously improve HR Services.
The HRBP also provides coaching and drives various initiatives in conjunction with the HR Team, in order to continuously improve HR Services.
- Responsible for partnering to provide trusted advice in the areas of: labour relations, attendance management, and employee performance management
- Responsible for sharing client feedback across Human Resources and helping to address client concerns, and for acting as a solutions broker who can help “triage” client issues and bring the right people together to help find a solution & in consultation with the Manager of Human Resources, they shall identify, review, update, and implement human resources policies and procedures to ensure strategic alignment with the corporate mission, values, and goals.
The HRBP consults with the Manager and HR Leads as appropriate on escalated and/or complex matters with the potential for broad, organization-wide impact as well as the implementation of programs.
Pembroke Regional Hospital serves the diverse health care needs of residents of Pembroke and the surrounding communities. In accordance with our mission, vision and values, and following catholic tradition we strive to provide safe, quality care in a compassionate and caring setting. We respect the rights of our patients to be treated with dignity and respect, and believe that patients are an integral part of the health care team. As leaders in health care delivery, we are committed to life long learning, continuous improvement and healthy living.
- Four-year undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Member of the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA) of Ontario and HR designation (e.g., CHRP, CHRL).
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
- Minimum three (3) years of recent professional level experience in Human Resources including significant experience in labour relations portfolios.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Extensive knowledge of labour legislation, collective agreements, and organizational policies and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of business partnering tactics and best practices
- Sound investigative capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, advocacy and relationship building skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, prioritization, and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication, report-writing and presentation skills, critical thinking and, people relations, written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge and practical application of related employment and labour legislation (e.g., Human Rights Code, WSIB, AODA, ESA, and OH&S Act), policies, procedures, protocols, processes and collective agreements
- Embodies the LEAN ideology by actively and continually seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.
- LEAN certification
- Significant and recent experience in negotiations, collective agreement bargaining
- Healthcare Experience