Full Job Description
We are one of Canada’s best, Join us
As one of Canada’s top insurance brokers, Western creates security and provides customized insurance solutions to over 1 million Canadians. For over a century, we’ve secured our neighbors’ future by building enduring relationships and staying true to our Guiding Principles and customer-centric values.
COMMERCIAL INSURANCE ADVISOR
Provide our clients with the coverage they need by building strong business relationships.
As Commercial Insurance Advisor, you are a key player in supporting our commercial lines sales representatives and driving sales. Every day you will build lasting relationships with our customers, both internal and external.
- Assist our customers with their daily insurance needs via phone, in person and by email, and through our front-line sales team.
- Support the Account Executive in the administration of their commercial book of business
- Manage queries and up-selling of products to new and existing clients
- Follow up on all client accounts to resolve outstanding activities
- Remain up to date on product knowledge and build relationships with insurance providers
- Continue self-development through industry and training and other courses
- Knowledge of each Insurance Company’s products, endorsements, packages, and payment plans
Our Team Environment
Recognized as a Top 70 Employer and Top broker, Western creates space for our people to grow and learn. We empower all our team members to challenge the status quo and reward them for their performance. If you share our values, you’ll find a home among our 1,800+ team members.
- Experience supporting sales targets as an individual and as a team
- Well-versed in navigating multiple computer programs at once
- A general Insurance Level 2 License is preferred
- Opportunity to be involved in industry-related associations and your community
- Preferred understanding of commercial policy wordings/coverage
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working experience in EPIC is an asset
Hours: Full Time – 37.5 hours/week
Location: Pembroke, ON
Role Level S4
Requisition #: 79275
Western Financial Group – Top 100 Canadian Employers
Our people make us who we are and we’re thankful to have been recognized as a Top Employer across Canada! We are looking for great people who share our values and want to share their unique skills with us. Western is on a mission to exceed customer expectations, and that starts with our people. Would you like to be part of our story?
As one of Canada’s top insurance brokers, Western creates security and has provided customized insurance solutions to over 1 million Canadians. For over
Health & Wellness
At Western we take pride in providing programs that add value to our people’s lives – after all, they are our greatest asset! Eligible employees receive a competitive compensation package consisting of 3 weeks of vacation, 14 paid wellness days, company matching investment and savings programs, and 100% employer-paid group benefits, including a health care spending account.