Full Job Description
Mansteel Rebar Ltd. is a leading fabricator, installer, and distributor of concrete reinforcing steel and related products in Richmond Hill, Ontario. Mansteel Rebar Ltd. was founded with the basic belief that every person at Mansteel Rebar can and does make a difference. Mansteel Rebar has grown significantly in the past several years and continues to do so through expansion with new operations. At Mansteel Rebar, we respect, believe, and invest in our teammates who in turn deliver the highest level of services to our customers. Our vision is to bring innovation and superior quality to the reinforcing steel fabrication industry and to provide our customers with a new and fulfilling experience from order placement all the way through to delivery and installation.
We are currently seeking a Machine Operator to join the production team in our Pembrooke shop. The Machine Operator is responsible for a range of duties to ensure total order fulfillment. The Machine Operator is responsible for accurate individual output, as well as contributing to the overall productivity of the Mansteel team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and pick structural steel/rebar from the warehouse racks to fill orders
- Operate a rebar bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specific shapes
- Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths (training will be provided)
- Feeding and unloading processing machines
- Assisting process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- Maintaining a clean work area and equipment used
- Assist other machine operators, forklift operators, and workers with various duties involving physical handling of products, materials, and equipment when required, or as directed.
- Demonstrate strong safety awareness by wearing personal protective equipment at all times, performing duties in a safe manner, and continually maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Basic mechanical skills and knowledge of machine maintenance.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- A motivated team player with a “can-do” attitude that is able to troubleshoot, focus and organize work areas.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently, and effectively while maintaining a high attention to detail and quality.
- Quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to assist other plant personnel when required.
Mansteel Rebar Ltd. Is committed to building a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mansteel Rebar Ltd. offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by Mansteel regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8-hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pembroke, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location