- Paid time off
Please note this is a Term position that will end on September 6, 2024
What will you be doing!
- Coordinate and schedule all office moves and/or set-ups at Chalk River Laboratories and associated off-site office facilities.
- Supports building tenants, managers, Service Contracts and Workplace Design Supervisor, Facility Planners/Designers, Installation Coordinator, Labourers and Driver, IT & Telephone Services staff, custodial contractor, Radiation Protection personnel, contract furniture installers and Security by scheduling, facilitating and coordinating all activities associated with the accommodation and movement of office personnel.
- Scheduling and facilitating all supporting activities associated with the preparation and move to a new office.
- Liaising effectively with all levels of CNL staff, management, and facility management service providers.
- Advising clients/tenants of move notifications, inform service providers on a daily basis of moves, and/or design schedule.
- Drafting communications (e.g. bulletins) related to moves and service improvements and changes.
- Track move costs, move churn and customer satisfaction reports on a monthly basis in order to report to upper management.
- Collecting and maintaining data of facility information (e.g. moves, occupancy) on all CNL/AECL owned and leased space, in the Computer Aided Facility Information System (CAFM).
- Maintaining Occupancy, Lease & Property data in the Department of Federal Real Property database to submit information of the Crown Corporation Properties to the Department of Federal Real Properties.
- Providing coordination support to the Designers.
- Organizing and scheduling work with internal partners as well as third party contractors in order to perform necessary work to support design initiatives (Information Management, Trades, UWs etc.).
- Building schedules to ensure work is completed in a timely, efficient and organized manner.
- Providing weekly updates to team and customers.
What we are looking for:
- College graduation in a commercial/business course of study plus 1-2 years of related experience or equivalent in education and experience.
- Using the collaborative approach, have the ability to function effectively in a work environment that is heavily customer oriented. Must be capable of effectively dealing with conflict and managing complaints.
- Ability to understand facility management business, communicate clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing, in order to ensure that all customer requirements are effectively provided.
- Ability to understand costing and consequences to business decisions in order to make informed decisions on budgets.
- Must possess organizational skills in order to manage and schedule a high and variable workload and understanding, assigning and managing the workload of others, effectively leveraging the capabilities of the entire team.
- Must possess a degree of “Customer” sensitivity with ability to focus on providing quality and accurate deliverables while meeting requirements with tact and good judgement.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with an ability to evaluate issues and challenges in meeting deliverables and generate effective solutions
- Ability and willingness to work with minimum supervision in a high pressure team environment that requires initiative and confidentiality.
- Familiarity with and practice of CNL’s safety and operating policies and procedures ensuring compliance.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of ServiceNow (IT), New Arrivals System, iProcurement, Facility Information System (FIS) (CAFM), and ability to operate other office equipment as well as familiarity with use of internet to search product information, along with a full knowledge and ability to capture, maintain and generate reports from FIS (CAFM) is an asset
Security clearance eligibility required: Reliability Status with Site Access Security Clearance (SASC), which has a minimum requirement of 3 years of verifiable history in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United States and/or the United Kingdom.
Does working with a team across Canada to advance nuclear science and technology for a clean and secure world speak to you? We’re reinventing ourselves to be the pace setters, so we can lead the charge in solving the problems that matter, like building the next generation of clean nuclear and hydrogen energy solutions, developing new and better-targeted cancer treatments, and continuing to lead the world in environmental remediation.
- Work-life balance is an integral part of our overall health and well-being; at CNL, we value this.
We offer a complete total rewards package:
- paid time off (vacation, sick, floater & personal);
- benefits effective day one, that’s right no waiting period;
- tuition support
- and a pension!
CNL works with employees across our Canadian locations to enable a hybrid workforce where possible. Our Hybrid employees work with their manager to establish expectations for when they will be on site vs when they are working from home.
CNL is Canada’s premier nuclear science and technology organization and a world leader in developing nuclear technology for peaceful and innovative applications. Using our unique expertise, we are restoring and protecting the Environment, we are advancing clean energy technology, and our medical breakthroughs continue to improve the health of people around the world.
- Clean energy for today and tomorrow.
- Restore and protect the Environment.
- Contribute to the health of Canadians.
CNL is committed to providing an atmosphere free from barriers that promote equity, diversity and inclusion in achieving our mission. CNL welcomes and celebrates employees, stakeholders and partners of all racial, cultural, and ethnic identities.
CNL also supports a workplace environment and a corporate culture built on our Core Values: Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, Safety, Integrity and Excellence, which encourage equitable employment practices and career prospects inclusive of accommodations for all employees.
CNL is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please inform the Talent Acquisition Specialist with whom you are in contact. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.
The Chalk River Laboratories site is located on the unceded and unsurrendered territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe people. As an organization, CNL recognizes and appreciates their historic connection to this place. CNL also recognizes the contributions that First Nations, Métis, Inuit and other Indigenous Peoples have made, both in shaping and strengthening this community in particular, and this province and country as a whole.