Neighbourly Pharmacy is Canada’s largest and fastest-growing network of community pharmacies. With over 279 locations, our team of experienced industry leaders is passionate about providing exceptional patient care to our communities. We have been recently recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We know that our people are our most valuable asset, and we take pride in helping our employees realize their career goals.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, and under the supervision of a pharmacist, this role is responsible for performing specific dispensing functions as outlined by provincial regulations and standards of practice.
- 0-24 hours per week.
- The store is open from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm from Monday to Friday, Saturday 9:00a-6:00p and Sunday 10:00a-5:00p.
The pharmacy assistant must be always under the supervision of a pharmacist. All dispensing functions performed by a pharmacy assistant must be carried out following provincial regulations and standards of practice.
- Receive a written prescription from customers.
- Locate the medication, select the prescription container, and count/pour the medication.
- Attach the label to the prescription container.
- Ensure that the original container, prescription container contents, and label are checked and initialled by the pharmacist.
- Regularly phone customers for unclaimed prescriptions.
Perform other tasks as outlined by the pharmacy manager or staff pharmacists. To include:
- Keep all areas of the pharmacy clean, neat, and professional.
- Maintain adequate stock of pharmacy supplies.
- Answer the pharmacy telephone, except for the doctor’s line, which should be answered by a pharmacist.
- All doctors’ calls and inquiries regarding prescriptions, copies, drug information, and poisons must be referred to a pharmacist.
- Assist with third-party billing.
- Set up a schedule for outdated pharmaceuticals.
- Assist with inventory control.
- Assist with checking off and putting away pharmaceutical orders.
- Maintain stocks of pamphlets/consumer information.
- Maintain OTC/non-prescription sections, as designated.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Preference will be given to those who have retail Pharmacy experience.
- Kroll experience is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and have experience multi-tasking.
- Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with customers and co-workers.
- Due to this position’s sensitive nature, the successful candidate must complete a Criminal Record Check.
Neighbourly Pharmacy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to delivering accessibility and equality to all job applicants, staff, and customers. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Part-time hours: 0-24 per week
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
- pharmacy assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person