Full Job Description
Lifemark Seniors Wellness is one of the largest rehabilitation-focused companies dedicated to providing therapy solutions for seniors. With over 30 years of experience, we are a preferred partner of more than 185 LTC homes, and 55 retirement communities and provide over 180 senior dwellings with physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and therapeutic group exercise programming. As Canada’s largest physiotherapy company, our purpose is Movement to a better life. For our staff, the Lifemark difference is based on 4 pillars: We foster innovative thinking; assist with career development; support personal health and wellness; and are devoted to making a real impact in the communities in which we live and work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapy Assistant to join our growing team!
Location: Pembroke, ON
Schedule: 33 hours a week
Start date: Immediately
Status: Permanent, Full-time
We have gone above and beyond to ensure the safety of our patients and employees with PPE provided, the spacing of patients, screening, and more. Extensive safety protocols and procedures have been put into place and are mandatory.
In this role you will:
- Assist the supervising physiotherapist in performing various components of the treatment plans for individuals living in residential care communities
- Perform various treatments as prescribed and directed by the supervising Physiotherapist including but not limited to gait training, balance exercises,
transfer training, range of motion, strengthening, and application of modalities. (i.e. heat, ice, ultrasound, TENS)
- Deliver dynamic, safe, and therapeutically beneficial exercise classes for groups of residents
- Set up and prepare equipment and clean up after residents’ treatments
- Ensure that the resident gym and treatment areas are safe and tidy
- Maintain regular ongoing communication with the physiotherapist regarding any changes or concerns about a resident’s status or treatment interventions
- Record daily treatments using Seniors Wellness’ proprietary, web-based system
- PTA/OTA diploma, a degree in Kinesiology, or a similar healthcare background
- Previous experience within an LTC setting is an asset.
- Standard First Aid & CPR Certification
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated is defined as having received all of the required doses of a Health Canada-approved vaccine and having received the final dose at least 14 days before your employment start date.
Apply today! Visit
for more information.
Lifemark welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Lifemark promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including that self-identifying as a member of the following groups: Indigenous peoples, Newcomers to Canada, and Visible minorities.