Post Secondary Professor – Carpentry
Please Note: If you are a current Algonquin College employee, apply for this job via the Workday application.
Business, Technology, and Outdoor Training (Bobbie Gormley)Salary Range:
$80.63-$139.88-HourlyScheduled Weekly Hours:
3Anticipated Start Date:
September 15, 2023Length of Contract:
4 monthsPosting Information
This job posting is now accepting applications from all qualified individuals.Posting Closing Date:
August 30, 2023Please note: jobs are posted until 12:01 am on the job closing date.
***Please note that applicants must submit their application by the evening before the closing date mentioned above. The posting closes at 12:01 am on the morning of the closing date***
Algonquin College in the Ottawa Valley (Pembroke campus) is seeking a part-time instructor to provide both theoretical and practical instruction to students and apprentices in our Carpentry programs. The number of hours per week will be negotiated with successful candidates. Applicants must demonstrate mastery of current materials, tools/equipment, and industry practices and have knowledge of both practical and theory. Responsibilities will include course preparation, delivery, and assessment of student work in accordance with College policies.
- Five (5) years of experience in building construction and carpentry is required;
- A certificate of Qualification as a Carpenter (Trade Code 403A) is required;
- Thorough knowledge of current technology, tools, and equipment;
- Familiar with current computer programs (Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.);
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, ability to adapt to change, excellent team player, ability to work independently in order to get the job done, excellent communication skills;
- Experience teaching or training in an education environment will be considered an asset;
- Possession of a diploma or certificate from a post-secondary institution is considered an asset;
- Recent participation in ongoing professional development/technical upgrading is desirable;
- Comprehensive understanding of part 9 of the Building Code;
- teaching competencies as set out in the Professor of the 21st Century document: https://www.algonquincollege.com/pd/files/2012/01/The-Professor-of-the-21st-Century- Framework_final_May_2011.pdf?file=2012/01/The-Professor-of-the-21st-Century- Framework_final_May_2011.pdf
- Evidence of commitment to the success of all learners.
While previous teaching experience is an asset, it is not required. We provide an Introduction to Teaching at Algonquin College program as well as ongoing professional development opportunities that part-time faculty can pursue in their free time.
Please apply online at: http://www2.algonquincollege.com/hr/careers/current-opportunities/
Anticipated Weekly Schedule: 3-12 hours per week
* Vacancy is for P17559
This position requires regular on-site work at Algonquin College’s Woodroffe (Pembroke) Campus
Algonquin College values diversity and is an equal-opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com. While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.