Full Job Description
Job Location(s): Davis Mills, Cobden, Beachburg, Chapeau, Waltham, Fort Coulonge, Omer, Otter Lake, Campbell’s Bay
ParaMed recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our patients and team members from Covid-19. A condition of employment with ParaMed is that all new hires receive all required doses of a Covid 19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
As an integral part of the home and community care team, you will support, encourage and provide independence for patients in their homes and community setting by assisting with activities of daily living.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Best in class training and development programs
- Celebration and Recognition programs
- Part time and Full-time opportunities and flexible scheduling options
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Company paid mobile devices
- Mileage compensation
- Employee perks and exclusive offers
What you’ll do:
- Assist patients with activities of daily living including skin, hair, and oral care along with bathing, toileting, & peri-care
- Prepare nutritious meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan
- Provide basic housekeeping tasks and companionship to help your patients enjoy a better quality of life
What you bring:
- Valid Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and care when interacting with patients
- Reliability and flexibility
- Passion for making a difference in your community
- Valid driver license and access to a vehicle to travel to and from patient’s residences within a geographical area
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screen
ParaMed is pleased to partner with the Ontario government to provide a $3/hour wage enhancement in addition to regular earnings.
ParaMed Home Health Care is Canada’s leading provider of home care service. We have been providing homecare and wellness solutions since 1974 and operate across Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and Nova Scotia. With 10,000 employees and over 75,000 patients, we are proud of the impact we bring to our communities through the delivery of high-quality patient centered care.
ParaMed is a division of Extendicare, the leading seniors care organization that also owns and operates long term care homes, and retirement homes
This is a unionized position: CUPE 5170
Union Classification: PSS Services (PSS)
Salary: LHIN funded PSS rates as per the collective agreement
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and ParaMed Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of ParaMed hiring process.