Apply with your resume in person.
Part-time and full-time positions are available.
We are looking for a Sushi Chef to join our culinary team who is able to prepare delicious plates for our guests. As a Sushi Chef, your responsibilities will include handling a wide range of raw fish, a variety of ingredients, food stock management, and working with attention to detail to fulfill all orders within quality standards.
We are also looking for sushi trainees as well!
- Precise cutting, slicing, and filleting of different types of fish.
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the Executive Chef when quality is sub-standard.
- Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination and cross-contamination.
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty.
- Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use.
- Communicating with server staff to ensure that special requests and considerations are met.
- At least 1-year of experience in making nigiri sushi
- Valid food handler’s license.
- Sound knowledge of food safety regulations.
- Be on time and have a sense of urgency, attentive, reliable, responsible, and organized and have a positive attitude and a friendly personality.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Japanese culture and cuisine is an asset.
- Passionate and knowledgeable of sushi cuisine, providing recommendations and creating excellent guest experiences
- Great English communication skills.